Equipment Operator II
Plant City, FL | Full Time | Construction
This position is responsible for work involving the operation of all vehicles in the Solid Waste Department except the front-end loading trucks. Employees in this classification may be asked to perform heavy manual work in the collection and disposal of solid waste.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Operates one or more of the following most of the work day on an assigned basis:
- Rear-end loading refuse trucks
- Grappler trucks
- Container delivery trucks
- Pick-up trucks, some with automated lift gate
- Lawn maintenance equipment
- Performs the duties of a Refuse Collector as needed
- Performs manual labor tasks as assigned, such as general debris clean-up and collection
Minimum Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each essential duty or responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities; education and/or experience; and certificates or licenses required in order to fill the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the operation and basic maintenance of solid waste collection and delivery equipment
- Ability to read, understand and implement instructions
- Ability to maintain detailed, written records
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from high school or a GED from a properly accredited institution of learning
Certificates and Licenses:
Possession of a valid Florida commercial driver’s license B
Must obtain NIMS 100, 200 and 700 within six (6) months of employment
Essential Physical Abilities:
Code: Constant = 2/3 or more of the time Frequent = from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time Occasional = up to 1/3 of the time N/A = Not applicable
Emergency Responsibilities: In the event of an emergency or disaster, an employee may be required to respond promptly to duties and responsibilities as assigned by the employee’s department, Emergency Management or City Administration. Such assignments may be before, during or after the emergency/disaster.
Sunshine Enterprise USA is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”